A straight smile can be beautiful, but unfortunately, not everyone has naturally aligned teeth. When misaligned teeth, overcrowding, or spacing occurs, it can detract from an otherwise attractive appearance and destroy teeth over years of chewing. Many patients in Brandon, Florida, hesitate to ask their dentist about orthodontics for fear that metal brackets and wire braces are their only options. Luckily, there are alternatives that can be used! At Williams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Trevor Williams is excited to provide a solution called Invisalign.
How misaligned teeth can affect oral health
While many patients think of straightening teeth for cosmetic purposes, there is much more science behind the benefits of a properly aligned smile. Below are just a few things to consider when it comes to extending the longevity of the teeth and one’s oral health:
- When teeth correctly touch each other, it can ensure proper bite alignment and function. It can eliminate the risk of uneven wear on the teeth or breakage of dental restorations.
- Straightened teeth that fit and slide together cause less wear.
- Misaligned, crowded teeth may leave spaces between teeth that can contribute to the development of gingivitis, gum issues, and tooth decay.
- Improper wear and abfractions can lead to faster destruction of the teeth and dental restorations in the smile.
- Spacing can lead to posterior wear of teeth, leading to problems such as premature wear and temporomandibular joint issues.
- Malocclusion can lead to periodontal problems, loose teeth, bone loss, and increased tooth sensitivity.
Understanding how to obtain invisible teeth straightening with Invisalign
Dr. Trevor Williams describes the Invisalign teeth straightening system as using clear aligner trays that gradually reposition the teeth into proper alignment.
The trays work almost like a retainer for teeth straightening. Patients wear the trays over their dental arch to push teeth into a more desirable placement. These trays are fabricated with professional-grade transparent plastic materials that are difficult to discern from the natural teeth. This makes treatment discreet yet effective! Each patient receives a set of custom aligner trays that are worn over the teeth. Instead of covering the smile with metal appliances, patients can undergo treatment without anyone knowing while achieving the smile of their dreams in the process!
Why choose Invisalign?
There are many reasons outside of invisibility that make Invisalign an excellent solution for many patients. Invisalign:
- Straightens teeth without metal brackets and wires.
- Ensures proper oral health, as trays can be removed for brushing and flossing.
- Is easy to care for with removable trays.
- Works as a system with each tray in the series being worn for two weeks before switching.
- Is an affordable alternative to traditional braces.
Am I a candidate for Invisalign?
In Brandon, Florida, Dr. Trevor Williams of Williams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is excited to offer Invisalign for patients who qualify and encourages individuals to come into his practice for an initial evaluation to determine their candidacy. The practice is located in Brandon but services patients in the surrounding communities, including Valrico, Riverview, Lithia, Apollo Beach, Sun City Center, Plant City, and Tampa, FL. Call (813) 560-0447 today to request a consultation visit at the practice, conveniently located at 510 Vonderburg Drive, Suite #211.
Invisalign® at Williams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry - Dr. Trevor Williams
Hi, my name is Dr. Trevor Williams, and I want to tell you a bit about Invisalign®.
Invisalign® is a clear aligner that helps align your teeth and your smile.
It is very discreet, and it allows for more freedom because you can take the aligners in and out when you need to.
Invisalign® is a more comfortable solution to braces and works fast. We can see results in as little as six months.
Schedule a consultation, and we can use our iTero scanner to scan your teeth and demonstrate how Invisalign® clear aligner therapy will give you a healthy and beautiful smile.
We can use our digital scan to make your aligners, and there’s no need for any goopy impressions.
We also have various payment options to help this investment comfortably fit your lifestyle.
Call us today to make an appointment and complete your smile with Invisalign®.